You're ready to renew your certificate of registration with the College. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to complete your renewal.
1. Click on RCDSO Portal Login in the top right corner of our website.
2. Enter your e-mail address and password, and click Sign-In.
If you have not created an account in the new member portal, check your e-mail inbox for an invitation e-mail sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the e-mail in your inbox, also check you junk/spam folders. If you are unable to find the invitation, please contact email@example.com.
3. Once logged in, click on your name in the top right-hand corner for a drop-down menu. Then, click on My Memberships.
4. Click on RCDS Register in the middle of the page.
5. Click on Membership Renewal on the left-hand side.
6. After reading through the first page of the renewal instructions, at the bottom, click Next to begin.
Once each renewal section is complete, the left-hand menu will display a check-mark indicating which sections are completed.
7. Review the information on the Professional History page.
8. Information listed here is based on documentation from previous applications. Members can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
If you have no additional professional license information to add, click Submit at the bottom to complete the section.
If you have additional registration/license information it should be added by clicking Add New.
When adding a new record, some information can be typed (e.g. licence number), but other information must be entered using the search function (e.g. country, profession, etc.). Leave the “Certificate of Good Standing Issued Date” field blank. Once all mandatory information is entered, click Submit at the bottom of the pop-up window.
9. On the Professional History page click Submit to proceed to the next section.
10. Members must answer all questions in all seven sections of the renewal questionnaire. Responses will not be saved if you leave the page without submitting. The questionnaire must be competed and submitted in one sitting. Average time to complete both the renewal and HPDB questionnaire is 30-45 minutes.
11. Several questions in the HPDB questionnaire require you to add a record. For example, the first question is about languages in which patient care is provided. You must add at least one language and can add up to five languages.
First, click Add.
12. Select the languages in which you provide patient care by clicking on the box to the left of the language. Your selection will appear at the bottom under ‘Selected Records’. Once you have selected all languages that apply, click Add at the bottom of the pop-up window.
13. Once you've completed the HPDB questionnaire, click Submit at the bottom of the page. An error message will appear if questions were left unanswered.
Final steps and payment
If you have completed all sections of the renewal, you will be taken to the payment page. If any sections were not completed or submitted, you will be taken back the incomplete section.
14. Once all sections have been completed and submitted, you may proceed to pay your fee in the Fees section. Select the type of payment method and click Next.
NOTE: If you opt to pay by cheque, it may be several weeks before staff can confirm receipt while continuing to work remotely. As such, the receipt and certificate will not be made available and your renewal will not be complete until staff are in the office and the funds have been processed and received. To avoid delay, you may wish to pay by credit card.
15. On the next page, click Pay Invoice at the bottom of the screen. It may take a few moments for the button to appear. You will be redirected to a secure payment site. Enter the required information to make payment.
16. If the payment was received successfully, you will be taken back to the Payment Details page. You will also receive a transaction confirmation via e-mail – this is NOT your receipt. Your receipt and annual certificate can be accessed separately in the member portal.
To access receipts: Click on your name in the top right-hand corner, or go to the navigation menu on the left, and select My Receipts.
To access your annual membership certificate: Click on your name in the top right-hand corner, or go to the navigation menu on the left, and click on My Memberships, then RCDS Register, and finally Membership Certificate.
Congratulations! If you have followed these steps and your payment has gone through, your 2022 renewal is now complete.