Royal College of
Dental Surgeons of Ontario
Contact Us RCDSO Portal Login
Search Filter Options

What You Need to Apply

International applicants must submit additional documentation to the College as part of the application process. Review the following before submitting your application.

Proof of education

  • A copy of your original university dental degree
  • A copy of the Canadian advanced standing/completion program degree (if applicable)
  • An original letter from the dean of the accredited university certifying the date of graduation from the program (#2).
  • If you completed a mandatory internship or residency program as part of your dental education, submit one of the following:
    • A copy the completion certificate
    • A letter from the school
    • Your work book

Proof of language proficiency

For international applicants that go through the NDEB Equivalency Process, you are required to provide:

Citizenship and immigration documents

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you must submit:

  • a copy of a Canadian passport, birth certificate, citizenship card (both sides), or proof of permanent residency

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you must submit:

  • a copy of the authorization issued by Immigration Canada which permits you to work in Canada through the practice of dentistry.

Certificate of Standing

  1. If you are or were licensed as a dentist and practised dentistry in another jurisdiction in Canada or in another country, you must provide:
    • A completed Certificate of Standing Form This must be completed by the regulatory authority for each jurisdiction where you practised or been granted the right to practice dentistry.

      *Reference letters or photocopies of a licence cannot replace a Certificate of Standing form.

  2. If you participated in general practice dental residency or internship in another jurisdiction this is still considered practising dentistry, you must provide:
    • A letter of standing that reflects the period of time for your residency/internship.
    • A letter of standing from the program director of the hospital or university, if a licence (work permit) was not required for your residency/internship.
  3. If you participated in a post-graduate speciality program, you must provide a letter from the dean of the university. The letter must include:
    • The start and end date of your program
    • The date of your certificate or degree was granted
    • Confirmation that you are in good standing

Proof of change of name

The name on your dental degree or diploma must match the name on your application. If there is a difference in name, you must submit a copy of the following that applies:

  • Name change
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree